How to drop pin on Google Maps from your desktop or mobile app
- You can drop a pin in Google Maps and then save that location or navigate to it.
- Dropping a pin is convenient if you don’t know the address you’re at, don’t want to look up the exact address, or if a specific location has no address.
- Dropping a pin on the map is as simple as clicking (on a computer) or tapping (on a phone).
Finding nearly ANy address is as easy as typewriting it into the search box, however there are times once that won’t quite work.
If the placement you’re attempting to travel to doesn’t have an address or the address is wrong, you may wish to drop a pin on the map instead. Likewise, if you don’t recognize the precise address, it’d be fine to simply drop a pin within the general vicinity.
That’ an easy process on each a personal computer and your mobile device.
Drop a pin on your iPhone or humanoid phone
the method for dropping a pin on the Google Maps mobile app is that the same regardless of that phone you use.
- Open the Google Maps app.
- notice the placement on the map wherever you would like to drop the pin, and center as so much as you would like to visualize it clearly.
- faucet and hold the spot wherever you would like to drop a pin till you see the pin seem beneath your finger.
currently able to} use the pin. For example, you can faucet “Directions” to induce directions from your current location to the born pin.
If you prefer, you can save this pin for later. to try to to that, tap “Label” from the oval choices on the pin and provides it a name. Afterwards, you’ll perpetually be able to notice it in Your Places. (Note that the humanoid and iPhone versions of Google Maps work slightly differently. Both apps allow you to save ANd label born pins, however to visualize the Label button on Android, faucet the information box at all-time low of the screen to see all of your options.)
Drop a pin on your desktop
- Open Google Maps on your computer.
- Zoom and pan round the map till you discover the placement you would like to drop the pin.
- Click the spot wherever you want to drop the pin. you must see little gray pin seem and an info box can appear at the bottom of the screen.
currently it’ time to use the pin. If you click the blue Navigate icon within the data box, Google Maps can open the navigation page. you’ll enter the beginning location and obtain driving directions. Alternately, you can click anyplace else in the info box to visualize a pane seem with a lot of information regarding the placement you selected. From here, you can click the Save icon to feature this location to Your Places, thus you can quickly navigate thereto in the future.
bear in mind that you simply can solely drop one pin at a time in Google Maps; if you click or faucet a second time, the new pin replaces the recent one. And so as to save lots of a born pin to Your Places, you would like to be signed in to your Google account.